It was created in 1729 below the hill of Turin, on Viale Mattioli 70. It shows native and exotic ornamental plants , useful species (medicinal, alimentary, textile….) and local flora. In the garden there are several collections of plants, divided according to genus and families or other themes (alpine plants, medicinal plants etc.). There are three greenhouses: one is tropical, one is dedicated to South African plants and one to succulent plants. The section behind the building, also called “little wood”, is dedicated mainly to arboreal plants and shows several native and exotic ornamental species, also some centuries-old ones. The botanical garden aims to spread the knowledge of plants and their habitat in the magnificent setting of the Po river and the Valentino Castle.
The offer includes
Reduced price to this and all the other affiliated cultural sites with purchase of the Torino+Piemonte Card. See all the details